Hearth is dedicated to the elimination of homelessness among the elderly through housing, outreach, and advocacy.
Hearth was founded as The Committee to End Elder Homelessness, Inc. (CEEH) in 1991 by a group of seven professional women with diverse experience in housing, finance, health, and human services. They realized that elders were a growing percentage of the homeless population and that no one was expressly addressing the issue. Now in its twentieth year, Hearth is an expert on the challenges and solutions of ending elder homelessness.
- Hearth's Timeline charts the development and growth of the organization.
- Hearth has been recognized locally and nationally for our work.
- Hearth has a strategic vision for forwarding our mission.
- Hearth is partnering with the Corporation for Supportive Housing and Shelter Partnership, Inc. on a National Initiative to End Elder Homelessness.
The Hearth Housing Model
The essence of the Hearth Model is the integration of interdisciplinary services at each residence:
- Mental Health Care
- Health Services
- Social Services
The Hearth Team
All staff work together to provide the best care for each elderly resident.
- Social Workers
- Site Directors
- Property Management
- Resident Assistants
- Personal Care Homemakers
- Activities Staff
Members of the Hearth Team work together to create a comprehensive care plan for each resident.
- Starts with pre-admission screening
- Annual comprehensive bio-psychosocial resident assessment
- Individual service plans
- Case conferences and consultations
- Service provision across the continuum