Front Desk Volunteer
Volunteers at the front desk of Ruggles Assisted Living Facility and Hearth at Olmsted Green play an important role in the day-to-day operations of these senior housing programs. By acting as the concierge, Front Desk Volunteers allow Hearth staff to spend more time helping residents with their needs.
Although the main responsibilities of Front Desk Volunteers are to greet visitors and answer phones, this position also allows for interaction with the residents as well. And as the front desk is the center of a lot of activity, it is a great position for anyone interested in learning how a nonprofit housing program works.
- Volunteer must be dependable and punctual.
- Basic computer skills: data entry experience very helpful
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Previous experience working a multi-line phone system helpful, but not required
- Patience and flexibility
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Individuals must pass a CORI check and complete the volunteer orientation.
Shifts are currently available:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8am - 4pm (Olmsted Green, Dorchester)
- A minimum commitment of one four-hour shift/week is required for a at least one month.
Hearth at Olmsted Green is located in Dorchester near multiple bus lines, including the #21 and #31 which run frequently from Forest Hills Station. Free, off-street parking is also available.