July 30, 2013 | Hearth, Inc. is pleased to announce that is has received the Excellence in Not-for-Profit Leadership Award from LeadingAge, an organization with 6,000 members and a presence in 33 states. This award recognizes organizations that are models of excellence in not-for-profit leadership and exemplify to the highest degree the seven key attributes that, according to Johns Hopkins University research, characterize high-performing nonprofits and distinguish the sector from any other. The seven attributes are: Productive, Empowering, Effective, Enriching, Reliable, Responsive and Caring.
Hearth received this award because:
- We exemplify not-for-profit leadership and the key attributes above to a degree worthy of national recognition.
- We advance principles of responsible stewardship, financial integrity and philanthropy.
- We engage in integrated strategic planning in collaboration with key stakeholders to ensure the organization’s future success in meeting community needs.
- We foster growth and change through understanding the aging-services environment.
- Our accomplishments over time demonstrate significant contributions to the well-being of persons served.
Hearth President & CEO Mark Hinderlie will accept the award at the LeadingAge national conference at the end of October.