Referrals & Resources
REFERRALSAgencies may refer eligible individuals to our Outreach Department. Eligible individuals are:
- age 50 or older, and
- a Boston resident or currently residing in a Boston shelter.
HOMELESSNESS PREVENTION: For Adults 50 & Over At-Risk of Homelessness
WALK-IN HOURS ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Due to the length of our current client wait-list, walk-in hours are suspended until further notice, and we are not accepting any new clients at this time.
RENTAL ASSISTANCE: We are still accepting applications for rental assistance. Please call 617-369-1559 for more information.
HEARTH ADVOCATES AT LOCAL SHELTERS
Hearth case managers are available at the following shelters:
- Pine Street Men’s Inn: Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Pine Street Women’s Inn: Fridays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Rosie’s Place: Thursdays 9 AM - 11 AM
- Cardinal Medeiros Center: Thursdays from 10 - 12 PM
- New England Center for Homeless Vets: Mondays 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- You must be a current guest to access services at the following shelter:
- Woods Mullen Shelter: Wednesdays from 9 AM - 11 AM
RESOURCESThe following documents are tools people in the community can use to refer clients to the Hearth Outreach Program and also things they can get started on while they are waiting to work with an advocate.
- Resources for Housing Search: Times and locations where you can meet with an Outreach Case Manager
- Hearth Outreach Flyer: Gives a brief overview of our program
- Hearth Outreach Flyer for At-Risk Individuals: Gives a brief overview of our at-risk program
- Hearth Outreach Referral and Release: Includes the form to refer an individual to the Hearth Outreach Program as well as the Release of Information Form
- Housing History Worksheet
- Document Checklist