Ruggles Affordable Assisted Living
25 Ruggles Street, Roxbury, MA 02119 | 617-427-0142
Ruggles Affordable Assisted Living Community is a collaboration among New Communities Services, Inc., New Atlantic Development Corporation, and Hearth, Inc.
Common areas of Ruggles include the living room with piano, main dining hall, activities room with complete kitchen facilities, and the sunroom which over looks the community patio and garden.
A former schoolhouse vacant since 1989, the 27,516 sq. ft. renovated building is an important catalyst for the reclamation of the Dudley Square neighborhood, envisioned to one day include cultural, educational, and entertainment venues.
- Individual studio apartments with microwave, refrigerator and private bath
- Assistance with medication management
- 24 hour staffing for emergency response
- Three meals per day provided
- Wellness assessments and monitoring by registered nursing and social work staff
- Scheduled daily social and physical activities
- Assistance with housekeeping and personal laundry as needed
- Assistance with activities of daily living
Eligibility Criteria for Ruggles
- Age 55 or older
- Documented need for assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding, walking, etc.
- Eligible for a housing subsidy (Section 8, SSI-G, Shelter Plus Care) and a service subsidy (Group Adult Foster Care, Senior Care Options)
- Private Pay is available
- Applicants who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless will be given first preference.
To apply for housing at Ruggles Assisted Living, download our housing application. For additional information, please contact our Intake Coordinator at (617) 369-1578.