Hearth's Strategic Goals 2014 - 2016
Highlights from Hearth's Strategic Plan
To increase the supply of permanent, affordable, and supportive housing for homeless elders and elders at risk of homelessness.
- Objective 1.1 | Develop/acquire 75 - 100 units of housing over the next two - seven years.
To place more homeless older adults into existing permanent, affordable housing, and help prevent homelessness for older adults who are at risk of homelessness.
- Objective 2.1 | Reduce time required to complete an Outreach housing placement.
To achieve national, state, and local recognition of elder homelessness as a distinct problem requiring specific policy responses and tailored service solutions.
- Objective 3.2: | To continue to provide leadership in formal local, state and national forums to increase recognition of elder homelessness and to promote strategies for ending it including policy changes and increased connections to local, state and national organizations in the fields of aging and homelessness.
- The National Initiative to End Elder Homelessness
- MA Interagency Council on Housing & Homelessness: Ending Homelessness Among Older Adults: A Blueprint for Action
To promote the sustainability of Hearth, Inc.
- Objective 4.1 | To increase resident and client satisfaction and success within Hearth service programs.
- Objective 4.2 | To build employee excellence.