Volunteers from People Making a Difference visit several times a year to prepare meals and play games.
Hearth's elderly residents love having visitors, whether those volunteers put on a performance, cook a meal, or lead a game of bingo.
Hearth's staff rely on volunteers to help with behind-the-scene tasks like answering phones, filing, and record-keeping. In addition, volunteers assist with gardening and yardwork, as well as cleaning, painting, and decorating projects.
Volunteer positions and projects can often be scheduled to fit your busy life.
STEPS TO VOLUNTEER
- Check out our open volunteer positions.
- Contact Jennifer Hartwell, Associate Director of Volunteers, by email or by phone at 617-369-1565 to discuss your interests.
- Fill out and submit the volunteer application (pdf). Remember to include a copy of your driver's license or other government-issued ID for the CORI check.
- Meet with your assigned Hearth staff member and outline your volunteer activities and schedule.
- Join the Hearth community and have fun!
For more information, please contact Jennifer Hartwell, Associate Director of Volunteers and Communication, at (617) 369-1565 or send her an email.