Attn: Human Resources
1640 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02118
Posted March 25, 2016
Associate Director of Volunteers & Communication
Full-Time: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, 8 AM to 4 PM with flexibility.
We are currently have an immediate need for an Associate Director of Volunteers & Communications. S/he will be a key member of the Advancement team charged with managing volunteer relations, Hearth’s website and social media presence, the Institutional Advancement donor database, and producing print and digital communications.
- Draft and edit content for print and digital media, including website, Annual Report, newsletters, and social media.
- Interact with program staff to create content to support and promote Hearth’s work and mission.
- Maintain donor database and process donations.
- Work with program staff to develop volunteer opportunities and schedule activities.
- Interact with program staff to document volunteer hours and other statistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers and respond to volunteer inquiries.
- Build relationships within the Greater Boston Community to foster volunteering.
- Plan annual Volunteer Appreciation event.
- Serve as the primary staff person to plan, coordinate and execute communications schedule.
- Manage and grow Hearth’s social media presence. Stay current with trends and developments.
- Process donations, reconcile with Finance and create monthly fundraising reports using Abila database.
- Support fundraising efforts and event planning.
Bachelor’s degree in business, development, communications, or related field. At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
Required Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
- Excellent writing and communication skills; ability to conceptualize and articulate Hearth’s work and mission to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work with multiple deadlines and prioritize, in a dynamic fast-paced growth environment. Must be flexible, organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively with staff across departments.
- Willingness to pitch-in broadly within the IA team and the organization where required.
- Able to concentrate on minimal to fine detail with varying degrees of interruption.
1640 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02118
Salary Range: $45,000 to $47,000
Benefits: We offer a generous benefits package including:
- Competitive Medical and Dental plans
- Employer-paid Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Generous Vacation, Holiday, Personal and Sick Time Benefits
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts (Health and Dependent care)