Who We Serve
Eligible individuals are:
- age 50 or older, and
- a Boston resident or currently residing in a Boston shelter.
Housing Search Help for Adults 50 & Over Who Are Currently Homeless
Hearth case managers are available at the following shelters
- Barbara McInnis House: Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Cardinal Medeiros Center: Every Other Thursday from 10 AM - 12 PM
- Kit Clark: Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- New England Center for Homeless Vets: Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Pine Street Men’s Inn: Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Pine Street Women’s Inn: Wednesdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- Rosie’s Place: Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM
- South Hampton Shelter: Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM
You must be a current guest to access services at the following shelter:
- Woods Mullen Shelter: Thursdays from 10 AM - 12 PM
Homelessness Prevention: For Adults 50 & Over At-Risk of Homelessness
WALK-IN HOURS NEW SCHEDULE
Walk-in hours are by appointment only. To schedule an appointment, call 617-369-1559.
The following documents are tools people in the community can use to refer clients to the Hearth Outreach Program and also things they can get started on while they are waiting to work with an advocate.
- Resources for Housing Search: Times and locations where you can meet with an Outreach Case Manager
- Hearth Outreach Flyer: Gives a brief overview of our Outreach Program
- Hearth Outreach Prevention Flyer: Gives a brief overview of our Prevention Program
- Hearth Outreach Referral and Release: Includes the form to refer an individual to the Hearth Outreach Program as well as the Release of Information Form
- Housing History Worksheet
- Document Checklist
For More Information
To learn more about our Outreach and Prevention Programs, please contact:
If you are a homeless adult looking for information about shelters for homeless single adults anywhere in Massachusetts, please visit the Massachusetts Coaltion for the Homeless website.